Using Mixed Reality to make everyday work more varied, more efficient and less error-prone
About the lab
XR-based assistance systems
Companies in (intra-)logistics face numerous challenges. High employee turnover in the low-wage sector as well as monotonous workflows reduce motivation. The international work environment leads to language barriers, especially during the critical learning phase. In addition, errors, e.g. in picking or packing, can lead to high costs. Mixed reality (XR) applications like the ones we develop and test in the XR Lab can help here: They increase the intrinsic motivation of employees, can overcome language barriers and make knowledge transfer in trainings demonstrably more efficient. In addition, XR-based assistance can support work intuitively and help make everyday work more varied, more efficient and less prone to errors.
The activities in the XR Lab are integrated into the research clan »Design of Sociotechnical Systems«.
The XR Lab is aimed at …
… companies in the field of (intra-)logistics with warehouse operations, possibly also with internal training operations.
… providers of external training programs for warehouse workers.
- Process support with AR: load carrier security, pick-by-vision, packaging, …
- Gamification of processes and training
- Expert presentations as well as “tech deep dives” on the topic of XR & gamification
- Digital walk-through of own (planned) warehouses
State-of-the-art XR technologies and logistic equipment
- an upgraded forklift simulator that provides virtual process and safety training in a realistic VR environment and motion feedback;
- a training packing table that demonstrates the possibilities of AR-assisted packing;
- a VR training station to learn about different processes from intralogistics in the virtual environment, e.g. packaging, picking or goods receiving;
- extensive AR and VR equipment, including various glasses technologies, a motion platform, a feedback suit or a motion capturing system.
++ »Working and learning at the next level with gamification and XR« – sequence at the Future Congress Logistics on 15.9.2021 ++
Product sheet »Serious Gaming«
PDF, 3,8 MB